At a glance
We have two churches, St James in Malanda, and St Rita of Cascia in Millaa Millaa. The Parish Office is located at 5 Monash Avenue, Malanda: ph: (07) 4096 5156.
Some office functions are undertaken in the Parish of Atherton's Parish Office, 28 Mabel Street; ph (07) 4091 1125.
This site includes live calendars for the parishes of the Atherton Tablelands: please see under Calendars and Liturgy Times.
The Parish of Malanda, in the Diocese of Cairns, Far-North Queensland, was established in 1959. Its boundaries have changed several times and now includes Millaa Millaa, and so it covers covers the south-eastern part of the Atherton Tablelands. Our main church is St James’ in Malanda; Millaa Millaa's church is St Rita of Cascia. The Parish Office, Parish Centre, and the Presbytery are located at 5 Monash Avenue; phone (07) 4096 5156.
Some pastoral and office matters are handled cooperatively across the four parishes of the Atherton Tablelands (Herberton, Atherton, Ravenshoe and Malanda), for which Atherton is the main centre: 28 Mabel Street, Atherton; ph (07) 4091 1125.
A PDF copy of the most recent bulletin.
Browse the site
Below are links to the main sections of the site.