At a glance
We have three churches, St James, Malanda (map), Our Lady of Consolation & St Patrick, Yungaburra (map), and St Rita of Cascia, Millaa Millaa (map). Parish Office, 5 Monash Ave, Malanda; ph: (07) 4096 5156.
Some office functions are undertaken in Atherton's Parish Office, 28 Mabel Street; ph (07) 4091 1125.
For Covid-19 restrictions, see the News page.
About the church
21 Coral Street (corner of Coral and Oak Streets - see in a map). Fundraising was conducted from 1933 to build a church on land donated by the estate of H. S. Williams; the site was described as being at the junction of the Ravenshoe road—the main road is now quite some distance away. The church was designed by architect Mr. V. M. Brown, of Cairns, built by Mr. A. Simpson, also of Cairns, and blessed and opened Bishop John Heavey on Sunday 26 Sep 1937. It was later extended.
Please note: the Covid-19 crisis capacity of this church under current restrictions is 49 people, but see the News page for updates.